The candidates that are preparing for the competitive exams and looking for the detailed instructions about the CSS written test are invited on campus.pk.
• The central superior service exams comprise of 12 papers in which 6 are compulsory and the other 6 are optional that can choose from the available list of subject.
• The total marks of CSS exams are 1200 from which 600 are of compulsory subjects and 600 are allocated to optional subjects.
• Each compulsory subject carries 100 marks however some optional subjects have 200 marks. So in case, the candidate has selected the optional containing 200 marks then he/she has to select 5 optional subjects.
• The time limit of each paper is maximum 3 hours.
CSS Written Test Pattern
The CSS written test pattern of both compulsory and optional subjects is as follows
• Objective Part- It consists of multiple-choice questions that contain 20 marks and it is attempted on a separate sheet. The first 30 min are allocated to the objective part.
• Subjective Part- It consists of long questions that contain the remaining 80 marks of the paper. 2 hours and 30 min are defined for the subjective part.
Passing Criteria in CSS Written Test
The Passing Criteria in CSS written test is stated below
• 40% marks in compulsory subjects
• 33% marks in optional subjects
It is mandatory for the candidates to score at least 50% marks in the total aggregate to move to the next phases of the CSS exams that include a medical examination, psychological examination, and viva.
Important Instructions For Candidates
• The aspirants can take three attempts to appear in the competitive exams.
• It is recommended to the candidates to choose the subjects wisely as there is no option to change the subject after the submission of the application form.
• In case if the candidates miss one paper due to some reason that he/she will be not allowed to give the rest of the papers