Students, sometimes, take it a big challenge to appear for the IELTS exam. However, they are to be notified that it is not as big challenge as you take. This is because good preparation always comes with a good result. For good preparation, it is necessary to have a good command of the IELTS paper pattern. Once you would get familiar with the IELTS test format then you prepare yourself according to the format and consequently get good preparation in a short time. The Following is the complete and updated IELTS paper pattern 2021:
IELTS is divided into 04 main parts and these are including in listening, reading, writing, and speaking. All of these are clearly described below:
IELTS Listening Test
• The listening test comprised of 04 sections.
• Each section consisted of 10 marks (total marks are 40).
• The listening test is comprised of objective type questions (including MCQs, fill in the blanks, short questions, labeling diagram, or matching statements, etc.).
IELTS Reading Test
• The reading test comprised of 03 sections.
• Students are required to attempt 40 questions.
• The allowed time is 60 minutes. So, candidates are required to cover each section in 20 minutes.
• Reading assignments are taken from magazines, books, newspapers, and broachers, etc.
IELTS Writing Test
Writing test is comprised of two sections:
• Writing Task 1: Applicants are provided a specific task including a diagram, a chart, a graph, or a table, etc. and they are asked to write the task within 100 to 150 words. 20 minutes are allowed to complete writing task 1.
• Writing Task 2: Applicants are provided a specific task including a point of view, an argument, or any other problem, etc. and they have to cover the task according to their point of view or arguments of 250 words. 40 minutes are allowed to cover writing task 2.
IELTS Speaking Test
The IELTS speaking test is comprised of 11 to 15 minutes and consisted of 03 sections:
• Speaking Section 1: It is the section of the general introduction and takes 03 to 05 minutes.
• Speaking Section 2: Applicants have to talk about a specific assigned topic. It takes 02 to 03 minutes.
• Speaking Section 3: In this section, a dialogue held between applicant and examiner. It takes 05 minutes approximately.