B.Com stands for a bachelor's in Commerce and it is one of the most popular undergraduate degree programs. The degree is aimed to provide management skills to the students and make them understand the core concepts of its affiliated domains such as taxation, finance, and accounting. After the intermediate mostly students take admission in this study program as it is far better as compared to other degrees. Some students might think that B.Com has less career scope but it is not true at all. It is pertinent to mention here that it is a job orientated degree and the students can easily get employment opportunities after graduation. After completing the B.com degree the graduates can join a variety of fields depending upon their interests and abilities.
To get admission to the B.Com the students have to fulfill the admission requirements mentioned by the affiliated authorities. For the convenience of the students, the B.Com registration process is mentioned below so that they can check all the particulars.
- After the announcement of the admission, the applicant has to submit the registration form in the selected college or university.
- The candidates can apply online depending upon the directions provided by the institute in which they are interested to apply.
- In the case of an online application form, the candidates have to submit the form along with the scanned academic certificates.
- The successfully submitted application form will be confirmed via email provided at the time of registration.
- The candidate will deposit the application fee in any bank branch mentioned by the university.
- The candidate is required to print out their admit card with photos CNIC copies educational documents etc and send the hardcopy to the university.
B.Com eligibility criteria are stated below that allows the students to determine their suitability to get admission in this course.
- The student must have the Intermediate or its equivalent degree to apply for the B.Com program.
- Applicants must have the minimum 45% marks in Intermediate degree
- Applicants can only get admission on the entry test if required by the institute and applicants pass the Entry test are eligible for admission.
- The successful candidate will be called for a final interview
B.Com's degree is running is all over the world and it is recognized as an international degree. Many colleges and universities of Pakistan offer the B.com program. During the B.Com course, the students have to study the different subjects to complete the credit hours required. The curriculum of B.com is designed by considering all the needs so that the students can compete at the national as well as the international level. All the fundamental concepts are taught to the students so that they have complete insight into all the essentials related to this field. Some of the subjects included in the B.Com are mentioned.
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Business
- Money Banking & Finance
- Business Communication & Report Writing
- Business Law
- Business Taxation
- Cost Accounting
- Economics of Pakistan
- Business Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Principles of Marketing
- Research Methods in Business
The B.Com fee structure of the various colleges/universities is mentioned below in the table for the candidates. So check the range of the fee required by each institute.
|The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur||46800|
|University Of Karachi||37200|
|Bahauddin Zakriya University Multan||22460|
|Government College University||50000|
|Kohat University Of Science & Technology||42300|
|Government College Women University||40000|
|University Of Gujrat||70000|
|The University Of Sufism andModern Sciences||22000|
|Federal Urdu University Of Arts Science & Technology||54000|
|Allama Iqbal Open University||27390|
|National University Of Modern Languages, Islamabad||97160|
Colleges/Institutes Offering B.Com
There is a number of colleges and universities that offer the B.Com course in Pakistan. Here we have listed some of the best institutes so have a look.
- The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur
- University Of Malakand
- Bahauddin Zakria University
- Gomal University
- Government College University
- Government College Women University
- University Of Gujrat
- The University Of Sufism And Modern Sciences
- Allama Iqbal Open University
- Federal Urdu University Of Arts Science & Technology
- National University Of Modern Languages, Islamabad
- University Of Sindh
- Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University, Lyari
- University Of Karachi
- Shah Abdul Latif University
- Kohat University Of Science & Technology
Career Scope of B.Com
B.Com has great career scope in various fields such as marketing, accounting, finance, human resources management, and banking. After this course, the candidate can get the 14 or 16 scale jobs. B.Com has two types such as one is a 2-year program while the other one is a 4-year degree program. The four-year degree program is known as B.Com (Hons.). Both the course has its own significance. Usually, the students get the job in a short span of time. Students can also do an MBA after completing the BBA to have better job opportunities.
B.Com has a huge scope as many institutes and companies hire accountants to manage the financial details. Initially, it might be possible that the low salary package is offered to the graduate but with the passage of time and experience, one can earn a handsome amount of money with having the expertise in the field.
- Government departments
- Marketing Firms
- Educational Institutes
- Financial Institutions
- Law Firms
- Finance &Audit department
- Investment Firms
- Health care
- Government service
- University Of Sindh
- Chamber of commerce
- Shah Abdul Latif University
- Cash and marketing department
What are the best career options after B.Com?
After the B.Com the student can get admission to the M.com program. M.Com is a 2 years degree program and after completing the master's degree the student is eligible for admission in M.Pill in commerce and then Ph.D. in commerce.
Is BBA is better than B.Com?
BBA and B.Com are two different study programs that the students can choose depending upon their interests. The BBA degree is for such candidates that are interested in entrepreneurship and management. However, if the students want to make a career in finance, taxation, and accountancy then a B.Com degree is best for them.
Is BCOM a good career option after the completion of the intermediate?
Usually, B.com is considered as a good option to pursue after the intermediate. There are wide ranges of employment opportunities are provided to the students in the field of commerce. So it is quite a good study option to choose as it also needs a minimum requirement to get a job.
What is the salary of B.Com graduates?
B.Com candidate may get the pay starting from 25-30,000 per month. With the years of experience in this field, the salary may reach up to one lac.
What are the job types offered to B.Com graduates?
The following are some of the job types that are mostly offered to the students after the completion of the B.Com degree program.
- HR Manager
- Financial Officer
- Investment Consultant
- Book Keepers
- Export/Import Executive
- Insurance Advisor
- Loan Advisor
- BPO Team Leader