Every university has its own criteria that the students need to fulfill to get admission. Following are the BSCS eligibility criteria but it may vary for each university. So check the admission requirements before getting enrolled in the BSCS course.
- The candidate must have the minimum 60% marks in matric or an equivalent examination
- A student should have obtained at least 50% marks in HSSC or an equivalent examination
- To apply to the BSCS course the student must have studied mathematics at the HSSC level.
Following is the BSCS registration process for the candidates that are interested to take admission in this field.
- The students can apply online or by visiting the college or the university
- The applicant has to submit the registration form with the CNIC and the attested academic certificates.
- It is mandatory to fulfill all the admission requirements otherwise the admission form will be rejected.
- The candidate meeting the BSCS eligibility criteria can only apply for this course.
BSCS is four years bachelor's program that comprises eight semesters. There are different subjects that a student has to study during the entire degree program. Some of the BSCS subjects In Pakistan are mentioned down. It might be possible that the study plan for the BSCS may differ for each institute but there are some major subjects that must be studied in this course. Check the list below.
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- Modeling and Simulation
- Operations Research
- Microcomputer Design and Interfacing
- Data Communication and Networking
- Computer Graphics
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Expert Systems
- Operating System Case Study
- Natural Language Processing
- Distributed Database Systems
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Financial Management
Everyone wants to know about future opportunities that can be pursued after obtaining a degree. The scope of the BSCS degree is huge as the candidate is offered diverse opportunities. After completing the BSCS degree the student learns the coding and functions used to develop the software. And one of the most important things is that they can develop the websites. The field is the perfect option for study for boys and as well as for the girls. Many companies hire graduates in computer science. The graduate can earn by using different sources.
BSCS Job Opportunities
There are a number of BSCS jobs in Pakistan that a candidate can pursue after the completion of the degree. When you completed the course, it is preferred to apply for the internship to gain practical exposure to the field. There are numerous IT companies in which the candidate can apply for the internship or jobs. Some of the job titles are mentioned below.
- Software Developer
- Website Design And Development
- Computer Lab Manager
- Networking Management
- Computer Programing Language Developer
- Head Of Computer Department
BSCS fee structure of the different colleges and the universities are mentioned below in this table so the students are informed to check the fee details and apply accordingly.
|Government College University||116000|
|Information Technology University||213000|
|Kinnaird College For Women||126100|
|Lahore College For Women University||54650|
|University Of Engineering & Technology, Lahore||127000|
|University Of The Punjab||48650|
|Virtual University Of Pakistan||21800|
|Beaconhouse National University||169050|
|Imperial College Of Business Studies||176040|
|Lahore Garrison University||154135|
|Lahore Leads University||180000|
|Lahore University Of Management Sciences||811100|
What is the scope of BS Computer Science in Pakistan?
It is one of the highest-earning fields in Pakistan as in the current era the computer is the basic need. The candidates doing the BSCS have to study networking and multimedia design and be involved in the network development and the programming languages.
Is Bscs a good degree?
Yes BSCS is good to choose if you are interested to become a good programmer. In this course, the students have to study the basics of various topics such as hardware and programming. The candidate must have a strong grip on the core concepts of this field.
What is the salary of BSCS in Pakistan?
BSCS salary in Pakistan will start from 30,000 per month in the beginning but after gaining the skills one can earn a good amount of money by working professionally. The salary of the person increases with the experience and exposure in the affiliated field.
What are the job options after completing BSCS?
After completing the BSCS following are some of the job opportunities offered to the graduates.
- Application analyst
- Applications developer
- Cybersecurity analyst
- Data analyst
- Database administrator
- Forensic computer analyst
- Game designer
- Games developer
What is a BSCS degree in Pakistan?
In the BSCS the students are taught about the concepts and the methods that can be used in the development of the software systems. The curriculum of this degree program is designed by considering the criteria mentioned by the higher education commission.
List of institutes Offering BSCS in Pakistan?
Following are the colleges and the universities that offer BSCS admission in Pakistan. The students can check the BSCS admission requirements before applying.
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
- FAST University (the National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences)
- Qurtuba University
- The Baluchistan University of Information Technology and Management Sciences
- Lahore University of Management Sciences
- GIKI ( Ghulam Ishaq Khan University)
- National University Of Sciences And Technology (NUST)
- University Of Engineering And Technology (UET)
- Institute of Business Administration (IBA)
- Air University