16 November, 2020 Views 1257
Punjab University Invites Applications For Admission in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree Programs
Punjab University has announced the undergraduate and the postgraduate admission for the fall semester 2020 (Regular/Self-supporting). Online application forms are available and the candidates have to submit the form along with the scanned copies of academic certificates up to 27th November 2020. The students can apply in different faculties such as arts & humanities, behavioral & social sciences, commerce, economics, education, engineering, life sciences, science, pharmacy, oriental learning, Islamic studies.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission
For MS / M.Phil. / M.Sc (Engg / Honors)
M.A. / M.Sc. / BS (Hons.) / B.Sc (Hons.) / B.Sc. (Engg) degree or its equivalent in the relevant subject from an HEC recognized University according to Higher Education Commission (HEC) rules.
MS / M.Phil. / M.Sc. (Engg/Hons.) or equivalent degree program with at lesat CGPA ≥ 3.0/4.0 / first division according to HEC rules.
Schedule For Fall Semester Admission 2020
The schedule of the admission for the undergraduate and the postgraduate is mentioned below. So candidates are advised to check it to fulfill the admission requirements.
|Announcement of Test Result||15th December, 2020|
|Interview of selected candidates in GRE based
written test||16th -22nd December,2020|
|Display of general & first merit list||28th Decemeber,2020|
|Display of second merit list||31st December,2020|
|Display of third merit list||5th January,2021|
|Display of final merit list||8th January,2021|
|Admission Closed||11th January,2021|
|Commencement of classes||18th January,2021|
Instructions For Candidates
- Subject eligibility criteria of individual disciplines will be provided by the concerned Department before the admission.
- The applicants have to qualify for the written test with 50% marks for M.Phil degree and 70% for Ph.D.
- HEC awardees under the indigenous scholarship scheme are encouraged to apply.
- The candidate must obtain greater than 19.1 out of 40 marks in academic merit to be eligible for taking a written test.
- Candidates have to submit the Rs.500/- / Bank Challan as processing and examination fees in the relevant department during the application submission.
- The application received after the deadline will not be entertained in any case.
- The interview must be qualified with at least 50% marks.
- Candidates with a job should provide NOCC till the date of the interview.
- If the last degree of the candidate is other than from the Punjab University then he/she should have to submit the equivalence certificate. Candidates who failed to submit the certificate will not be included in the merit list.