You must sign in Login/Signup

New student? Register here

14 January, 2021 Views 657

Sindh Assembly Rejects MDCAT 2020 Due To Several Irregularities

The Sindh assembly has rejected the MDCAT 2020 that was held by the Pakistan medical commission. The provincial government to approach the commission to take the test back as there were several irregularities. Moreover, the Sindh health minister, Dr. Azra Fazal Pechuho raised the objections and said that for the first time the federation had conducted the medical and dental college admission test at the national level. According to the 18th amendment, education is a provincial subject so the provincial governments hold the right to make their decision. The minister also added that the Sindh government did not recognize PMC as the commission was established without the approval of Sindh. 

Establishment of PMC 

The health minister said that the regulatory bodies should be formed in consultation with all the provincial governments. Furthermore, she mentioned that the Pakistan medical and dental council used to provide the complete details and curriculum before the commencement of the test to facilitate the students. The MDCAT paper was devised by PMDC by considering the designed syllabus by the respective provincial governments. But this was not the case with the PMC as the authorities had admitted that 14 questions were out of the syllabus. Many other questions were ambiguous and the candidates had no clue about it and due to these reasons, many students had protested against the PMC by calling it a failed institution and demanded justice. In the Sindh high court, the petition was also filed that the PMC had held the test as per the federal syllabus due to which many students could not manage to clear the test. 

The Decision of the Provincial Cabinet

Earlier the provincial government had also decided that 95% of seats in the private medical colleges will be reserved for the Sindh candidates while the remaining 5% will be allocated to the students of other provinces. She said that the testing system should be transparent without any discrepancies as the province was already facing a shortage of doctors so this act will increase the issues.